Thursday 4 June 2009

Mistaken Identity.

Me: So what motivates you to study?
CM: To get rich so that I can be rich.
JP: I don't study.
Me: What'll you do when you're rich?
CM: I'll buy a house. No I'll build a house like one of those massive ones.
Me: Right. And then what?
CM: I'll invest my money so that I can make even more money from it.
Me: In stocks and shares?
CM: No I'll invent something.
Me: So once you're rich you'll go back to your workshop and invent things?
CM: No I'll hire loads of people to invent things for me and then sell it for more money.
Me: So what'll happen when you've got billions, your family is set up for generations, you don't actually need any more money. What'll you do?
JP: Build a bigger house.
CM: I dunno...yeah build a bigger house.
Me: You could start a charity and give your money away like Bill Gates.
Blank looks.
Me: He's given away billions of money to charity. He says it's what motivates him now.
Blank looks.
Me: You do know who Bill Gates is, right?
Something stirs.
JP: Yeah...he's the richest man in the world?
Me: Something like that, yes. How did he make his money?
JP: Computers?
CM: UNNNEERGHH! No! He's the singer!
Me: ??
CM: Yeah...isn't he a singer or something?
Me: No, he's the inventor of Windows.
JP: Like I said - computers.
CM: I thought he was a singer on TV.
The penny drops.
Me: You're mistaking him with Gareth Gates.


     Gareth                             Bill

No comments: