Tuesday 19 May 2009

Monsieur est plus rapide que les garçons de la classe.

I'm teaching Form a topic called 'La Santé' and under the tenuous link of healthy living I took my Form out of the French class and onto the school playground and we did some running. First I split them into two relay teams and they raced each other. Then when they had finished I raced some of the fast boys across the length of the playground and beat them all. It looked something like this:

I admit the amount of French learning was minimal at the time, the 'intensity' of the lesson somewhat low, but I think it's worth it. Firstly, it's good to show a relaxed side to the class that they don't always see in the classroom. Secondly, it's an experience that I can bring back into the classroom to illustrate many different aspects of grammar:
1) Past tense (Monsieur a gagné)
2) Imperatives ("Cours!"/"Allez!"/"Arretez!")
3) Comparatives (Monsieur est plus rapide que les garçons de la classe.)
Finally, Sports Day is coming up on Friday and this lesson was of immense value in sorting out what our Form relay team will look like.

1 comment:

software for bookies said...

French was never my strong language but I think that all have to be with my teacher that she makes me hate french