Monday 11 May 2009

Readers

I asked my Enterprise class to review a book that they had read.
Here is a particularly interesting entry from one student:

Title: Man U
Author: Man U
Date read: --
What you liked: It was Man U
What you disliked: Wen they losst
How did it make you feel?: Happyness
Negative points: Non

MH is of Somali origins and wrote about a Darren Shan novel:
"I liked this because it is British."

I asked him why he liked it in particular for its Britishness. He replied in a jokey voice:
"Because it's not stinky Somali but it's British and I like British things because I like it here". 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, there!

Your friend S. from Nottingham University told me about you today. She thought we might be thinking along similar lines after she'd seen a presentation I did on researching students' identity and motivation.

Had a quick look at your blog (I've got to come back for more when I'm not desperate to finish a paper I should've finished ages ago) and it is so painful, in the way that 'The Class'/ 'Entre les murs' is soooo paaaainful...

Will come back...

Florentina (masochistically mad about teaching)

Not A Textbook said...

Glad you like it. Email me if you want!:

notatextbook@gmail.com

good luck with your work!